NVDs are required for any movement of stock – to processors, to saleyards or between properties if they have different PICs.
NVDs are subject to on-going audits from Abattoirs and Meat Processors. They have provided us with a few guidelines
for completing the NVD correctly. The NVDs are a legal document and particular care must be taken when completing them.
A sample NVD is below. Please use it as a reference when completing your NVD.
As a general rule:
● All names and addresses should be written out in full – state and postcode included in every area where it is requested.
● Description of cattle should not be abbreviated but written in full. e.g. charolais, brahman cross, hereford cross, bullocks, steers, cows, heifers, cows and calves. X should not be used. Male, female, mixed sexes or mixed cattle should not be used as descriptions.
● If you need more than 4 lines to list your cattle an ‘Attachment to National Vendor Declaration and Waybill’ is available
from the website www.mla.com.au or from our office.
● Phone and fax numbers should be provided, if you have them.
● Agents name and address should be written in full, as shown.
● The destination address, if saleyards, should be written in full - 267 Armidale Road, South Grafton NSW 2460
● All questions must be answered.
● Writing must be legible, all corrections must be initialled and don’t forget to sign the declaration.
● If you have any queries don’t hesitate to contact our office for help.